TrulyMadly is a super cool dating and match making app that allows you to meet, chat, date and UnSingle yourself. Born in August 2014 to bridge the huge gap that existed in the market for an online social discovery platform that helps the new age Indian singles discover each other in a safe and private manner has come a long way to see the face of success. This app has almost 3 million users now! According to its founder, Sachin Bhatia, there have been more than 2.5 million matches made on the app till date, with an average of 25,000 matches every day.
The best part is that they use algorithms, not horoscopes to find the right person for you!
TrulyMadly has some really cool features:
- Datelicious: Ask your TrulyMadly match out and plan a date with the help of this feature! You can also discover restaurants that suits your mood.
- Trust Score– Get more matches when you raise your Trust Score. This can be done after verifying your Facebook, LinkedIn, phone number etc. So there is no question of any fake profiles.
- Endorsement– This feature is a bit similar to LinkedIn. Ask your friends to back you up to boost your Trust Score. More the Trust Score, more people to match with.
- Preferences: The user can set his/her age, city and other preferences.
- It’s a free app
The app has recently won the ‘GSF Mobile Appies’ award for Best Dating App in India.
TrulyMadly has three founders; Sachin Bhatia, Ravi Kumar, and Hitesh Dhingra.
The founders already had good startup experience before they launched the dating app. Bhatia was the co-founder of MakeMyTrip. Dhingra founded Letsbuy which was acquired by Flipkart. And Kumar was a product head at MakeMytrip. They wanted to disrupt the matrimonial market but decided otherwise – helping to find love, which could well lead up to marriage!
The Garden Of Hope
The origin of the name ‘TrulyMadly’ was inspired by a song called “Truly Madly Deeply” by Australian pop band Savage Garden. It is said that this song was playing in the background of the coffee shop where the founders met to discuss the concept of the startup. Serendipity, indeed!
Right from the time of its inception, the company has been witnessing 100% month-on-month growth in the number of downloads. The app has been downloaded more than 2,00,000 times on the Google Play Store.
Funds and Expansions
The changing tide of time has changed and now online dating is gaining acceptance in India. The proof is the fact that TrulyMadly has raised Rs. 35 crore in a Series A round from Helion Venture Partners and Kae Capital (though the initial capital came from the three co-founders along with a few angel investors). As the founding team said, “We are building the company for the long term and are currently looking to get more people to use TrulyMadly to find a great companion.”
How does TrulyMadly Works?
The app works on 4 easy steps:
- Download the app and feed info about yourself in it .
- The app sniffs out the matches for you based on your preferences.
- You can choose to ‘Like’ or ‘Hide.’ (Don’t worry, they will not know)
- If you get a reciprocation in terms of ‘Like,’ then Voila! You start talking.
TrulyMadly has plans to travel miles. As the founding team said, “We plan to grow to 10 million users by next year and sustain our leadership position in the dating and match-making space. For this, we are looking at a bigger goal and trying to build a social network for the singles in India. Also, the brand needs to grow virally and therefore we will be investing in developing original, sharable content. Besides this we will also be investing heavily in the advancement of our product and our technology team.”
With such a dream to achieve, here’s hoping that the app truly witness meteoric rise and give a new dimension to online dating.